The move to Bretby from Branston in 1907, due to a growing membership and the need to expand to an 18 hole course, required the building of a new Clubhouse.
This was designed and built by local architect and member Henry Beck (who also developed the initial course layout). A 99 year lease was obtained – though the house was designed to revert to a private dwelling should the golfing venture fail to succeed. Being situated next to the main road and the Midland Light railway (tramline) ran past was a major advantage as at that time few people had cars or their own transport.
In 1922 the house and land was purchased from Lord Carnarvon and changing rooms adjacent were built, allowing a dining room and expansion of the stewards quarters in the old lockers rooms.
Over the years many changes have taken place with newer locker rooms, demolition of the old pro shop and building of a new one. The original design is still recognisable from the photograph of the grand opening in 1907, but it has restricted the possibilities somewhat and recent adventurous plans to reuse the old stewards quarters have had to be shelved with less ambitious enhancements now taking place.